Last updated July 8, 2021
Thank you for visiting our website for Gilt, which is operated by Gilt Groupe, LP ("Gilt"). We are committed to providing an exciting and safe online shopping experience and an elevated level of personal service synonymous with Gilt. This commitment includes respecting and protecting the privacy of your personal information.
To provide the Services and first-class shopping experience, we collect information from and about you. During the past twelve months, that information may include the following categories of information:
- Contact Information and Other Personal Identifiers: This may include your name, email address(es), postal address(es), social media user names, and telephone number(s), including your mobile phone number(s).
- Payment Information: If you make purchases via the Services, we may collect your credit card number, expiration date, CVV code, and billing address but do not store your credit card number.
- Commercial Information: We collect your order and payment history.
- Browsing and Device Information: We may collect your IP address or another device identifier, the kind of browser you use, browsing information such as the pages and content that you visit, data analytics and other information regarding your interaction with the Services or our advertisements or location information from your device.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information like your age, gender, and income.
- Other Information: We may collect additional information including information you submit via chat or online forms, completing surveys, or participating in sweepstakes.
Please review “What information does Gilt collect?” for additional context regarding the personal information Gilt collects about you. “How does Gilt use the information collected?” and “What information does Gilt share with others?” provide details on the business or commercial purposes for which each of the above categories of personal information are collected and the categories of third parties with which the business shares the information, respectively.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What information does Gilt collect?
A: Gilt may collect information from or about you in a number of ways. Please note that if you decline to provide any of the requested information (whether or not required), you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services and their features or make a purchase from us.
From Gilt's Interactions With You: We collect information from and about you and your transactions and other interactions with us. This may include when you use the Services, create an online account with us, make a purchase, sign up for our catalog, newsletters or email lists, participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, participate in a product review, survey, or other similar programs, send a gift or virtual gift card to a person, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include Personal Identifiers and Contact Information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information, loyalty program membership information, Demographic Information such as gender, birthday, and age, as well as your interests and preferences.
If you make a purchase from us, we may also collect Payment and Commercial Information such as a credit or debit card number or other financial information, CVV, and billing address. In addition, if you make a purchase at a designer boutique, restaurant, salon or other similar service offered within a section of a Gilt store that is leased by a third party (each a "Boutique Service"), we and the Boutique Service may collect information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment or gift card information, and their privacy policies govern their use of your information.
If you download one of our Apps, it may be possible for the App to obtain your precise geolocation. If so, you may choose to permit the App to obtain such information. In this case, we will determine your zip code from the precise location data received from your mobile device. We do not store precise location data; we only store the zip code associated with the location.
Information You Provide About a Third Party: If you send someone else a communication from the Services (such as sending a gift or virtual gift card), we may collect information such as that person's name, telephone number, email, and/or shipping address.
Collecting this information, and linking it with your personal information, helps us to tailor our Site or App and enhance your online shopping experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site, and to help identify Site or App features, promotions, advertisements, and offers that may be of particular interest to you and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
From Third-Party Sources: We may acquire information from other sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other Demographic Information), or when you connect with the company through a third party (including through social networks) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party sites.
Combination of Information: We may combine the information we receive from or about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Site or App, as well as information across other computers or devices that you use, with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, or from other third party sources.
Q: What are my Tracking Options?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies– These cookies are essential to enable you to browse and use the functionality of a website and without them, the Services cannot be provided. We use these cookies, among other things, to recognize and maintain your logged-in status throughout your visit and manage your shopping cart.
- Performance Cookies– These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Services, for example, pages that they visit and if they receive error messages. This information does not identify you individually and is used in the aggregate to improve our Services.
- Functionality Cookies– These cookies allow us to remember certain choices you make about how you like to use the Services and provide you a more personalized experience, for example, your shipping country and currency preferences.
- Targeting Cookies– These cookies are used to deliver online advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They may be placed on the Services by us or by our advertising partners with our permission. For more on targeting cookies and your ability to control their use, please see below.
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising or to manage your settings, please review the information below:
If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We or our service providers may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you on your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games, and perform surveys. They help us improve our websites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other websites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Q: How does Gilt use the information collected?
A: Gilt may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- Contact Information and Personal Identifiers, and Payment and Commercial Information:
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install, and track your order (including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, maintain a record of the purchases you make, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone) or to service products you purchased from us.
- To send you catalogs, information, newsletters, promotional materials, and other offerings from Gilt or, where permitted by applicable law, on behalf of our partners and affiliates.
- To contact you when necessary or requested, including responding to your questions and comments and providing customer support.
- Browsing Information and Data Analytics:
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App.
- To provide you with customized Site or App content, targeted offers, promotions and advertising on the Site or App, through other third party sites or apps, or via email, text messages, or App push notifications that are offered by Gilt or other marketing partners that might be of interest to you.
- To improve our sites, products/services, customer service, and customer shopping experience.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Other Data:
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Q: What information does Gilt share with others?
A: Gilt may share personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
Contact Information and Personal Identifiers, and Payment and Commercial Information: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose and are contractually required to comply with all applicable laws and requirements, which may include Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards if they are processing payments for Gilt.
Certain areas of the Services may be provided to you in association with service providers and third parties, such as companies that provide products and services, rewards programs, conduct joint sales programs, sweepstakes, promotional campaigns, and other jointly sponsored events. Such Services will identify the third party. If you elect to register for any products and/or services provided during the Services, you either will be providing your information to both Gilt and such third party, or Gilt might share your information directly with such third party for that third party to fulfill their products and our products and services directly with you.
Gilt Groupe, LP: We may share collected information within, Gilt Groupe LP’s affiliated companies, and any future additions to Gilt Groupe, LP’s family of affiliated companies.
Other Third Parties: Where permitted by applicable law, Gilt may share your information with select partners, affiliates, and other third parties that we believe may have offers or be of interest to you.
Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share or sell non-identifiable aggregate or anonymous information with our affiliates, agents, service providers, business partners, or other third parties for their marketing or analytics uses or for other lawful purposes. This type of non-identifiable and aggregate information cannot be used to identify you personally.
Q: How can I view, update or remove my information?
A: If you have registered for an account or made a purchase, you may view and update your account information by logging into the "Your Account" section of the Site or App with your email address and password. Once logged in, you can view or update your name, address, telephone number or email address. You can also contact our Customer Service Department via email at email@example.com to access or update any of this information.
You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain data for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary. If you are a California resident, please refer to the “What are my California Privacy Rights?” section for additional information.
Q: What choices do I have about receiving communications from Gilt?
A: If you register for an account or make a purchase, you will automatically receive promotional emails and direct mail from Gilt. We provide our customers with the opportunity to "opt-out" of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment or delivery of product order. We provide you with the following options if you prefer to "opt-out" of receiving information or materials that we think may be of interest to you:
Electronic Promotional Offers: At all times, you have the option of "opting out" of receiving promotional emails from the sender only by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any of the promotional emails you receive. In addition, if you have an online account, you may change your email preferences regarding email from us by logging into the "Your Account" section of the Site or App.
Direct Mail Promotional Offers: If you would like to be removed from our Gilt catalog mailing list, please contact a Customer Service representative by email to stop receiving paper catalogs.
Push Notifications: When you use the App, you may receive push notifications. If you prefer not to receive push notifications, you may adjust your settings on your mobile device to control whether you want to receive these alerts.
App Geolocation Information: When you use the App on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geolocation information with us by adjusting the device's location service settings.
Other Contact: In all cases, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Q: What are my California Privacy Rights?
A: If you are a California resident, effective January 1, 2020, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you in accordance with applicable law.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of any personal information we have collected about you, where applicable.
To submit a request to know or a request for deletion, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request form. You also may designate an authorized agent in writing to make a request on your behalf.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, and depending on the nature of your request, we will verify your identity by asking you for the email address attached to your member account, your billing address and the last four digits of a credit or debit card on file. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights.
We do not sell personal information as we understand that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request a list of the names and addresses of third parties to whom we disclosed such information during the preceding calendar year along with a list of the categories of information disclosed, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Gilt Groupe, LP
20 Channel Center
Boston, MA 02210
Attn: Legal Department
Q: What about children's privacy?
A: Protecting children's privacy is important to us, and the Site and App are not intended for children under the age of thirteen. We do not direct the Site or App to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, such children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Services. If Gilt learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Site or App, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
Q: What about security?
A: We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Q: What about other websites?
A: Our Site or App may include links to third-party websites or apps that are not affiliated with Gilt. These websites or apps may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data, or solicit your information. The privacy policies of these other websites or apps may be very different from our policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites or apps and cannot guarantee the security of any personal information you provide to or collected by such third party sites or apps.
Q: For how long and where is my data stored?
A: Your personal information may be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to perform the purposes listed under "How does Gilt use the information collected?", as necessary for our legitimate business purposes, or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased, or made de-identified or anonymous.
Your personal information is subject to the laws of the United States. The servers and databases in which information may be stored may be located outside the country from which you accessed the Services and in a country where the data protection and other laws may differ from your country of residence. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate. You consent to any such cross-border transfer of your personal information.
Q: What if I live outside of the United States?
Q: How does Gilt communicate changes to this Policy?
Q: Who do I contact if I have additional questions or concerns about this policy? How do I lodge complaints?
A: We welcome you to reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices. Please feel free to contact Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use personal information and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc. For all questions about unsubscribing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy-related questions, contact email@example.com.